Obviously the Site Admin
MySpace ID: djobvious25
PLURspace ID: obvious
Crew's Name: WhaddupNow.com

Event Horizon 2006

Post by Obvious »

Event Horizon 2006 Pictures

Happy Birthday MoOo!

Zephirum, Schwez, Swee-tee, BouncE, and I all headed up to Los Angeles to hit up Event Horizon. We were all looking forward to it since we weren't too happy with how Lyrics turned out. Zephirum might have been looking forward to it less then the rest, but...whatever. We arrived at the location and drove around to double check. Once verified we tried to park but ended up doing another loop just to get back to the lighted alley to park.

Once inside Feverdream was spinning, which was a bummer since he was the DJ I wanted to hear his full set. Everything went well, Swee-tee and BouncE both did some lightstick / glow sticking shows. Around 11:30 PM MoOo showed up and we all wished her a Happy Birthday and exchanged some kandy.

I wandered around taking pictures and dancing when a few of us decided to go out and take a few swigs of Vodka and go back in. The security was pretty cool, this was the first rave I've been to that gave you any in and out privileges. It did cost $5 per person to enter and exit, but if you brought your own alcohol you could make sure you drink $5 worth and head back in. Whether it was worth it or not, I still thought it was cool for an option.

Around 1:00 AM Zephirum comes over to where Schwez and I are sitting on the couch and gives me the cut sign and informs me that he's leaving. I knew that this wasn't his scene, and that he didn't really like it, but I thought he was being a party-pooper until...

Aw hell no. :( I looked at his shirt and it was covered with vomit. Apparently some girl didn't quite make the trash can, but chose him as an acceptable target. Fork...

Well, knowing that that would ruin anyone's night I said my goodbyes and let Swee-tee play camerawoman. I went out to the car, gave him some things to change into, and chilled with him until around 2:30 AM when everyone else came out. We headed home, called it, and hit the sack quick.

The weekend didn't turn out as I had really hoped. I do hope that Zephirum did have some fun. I hope everyone else that went to Event Horizon had a good time and that MoOo had an awesome birthday. I also hope that girl, whoever she was, is feeling better too.

See you at the next event!