Obvious
Obviously the Site Admin
MySpace ID: djobvious25
PLURspace ID: obvious
Crew's Name: WhaddupNow.com

Mardi Gras Masquerade 3

Post by Obvious »

Mardi Gras Masquerade 3 Pictures

Gemstone and I headed off to Mardi Gras and arrived at the map point around 9:45 PM. It was pretty cool as it was in a record shop and inside they were spinning music while other happy ravers were dancing and blasting other fun techno tunes from their cars. It was a fun sight to see! In line we got to see :happybirthday: PinkE :happybirthday: PLUR Kittie, Bubbles, Genuine, and Famously Unknown. After getting our tickets we headed over to the party at Pharaoh's Lost Kingdom.

We went to the line to get in, back to the car, to the line, through security, back for ID, back to the line, through security (which I still think they owe me dinner and a movie!), and finally back inside we ran into Ultra Violet and Orion. When we got to the back the place looked pretty cool! The music was bumping and the dance area was kickin'.

While watching the crowd dance a bunch of people came over and said hello! Sunshine and her friend were all decked out in custom Mardi Gras masks and shirts. Shar and Milithor came up for hugs and hellos, as well as After doing the initial meet and greets Gemstone and I headed out to cruise the party. Wondering around I ran into the guy that was wearing the cactus suit at Shake Like An Earthquake. I don't know if that's a colored trash bag, or a tarp, or whatever, but that's funny as hell! :D Making our way over to the happycore area I saw Ginger, who was all dressed up as cute as can be in her panda outfit, chilling with her friends.

When we got to the happycore area we ran into oiN*k, JohnnyPyro, and Phantom. oiN*k and Phantom some really wicked sick painted on Mardi Gras masks! After complimenting them on them, I was informed that oiN*k was the one that did them. They were just so cool that I used that pic as the highlight for the album. :) I had seen Nemo's hat earlier in the party, but it wasn't him that was wearing it, but dancing right along side of Nemo's hat was Nemo! :D Not only that, but a few steps away was Jokers Wild! It was cool seeing Jokers Wild because a few of us had been talking that the last time we saw him was at Together as One. PinkE was also jamming out to the tunes so I snagged some pictures. Velocity from The Ravers Train was there all decked out in his kandi gear. :) I also got to run into Chris, Ashlie, and Sean from NeoSapiens. I started to make my way back to the main area where DJ Samurai was spinning and snagged a quick picture of Ryan before I left.

On my way over I ran into Rush and Sniff, Miss X-Mas and Boing, Zenrock, Phatt Man, Rava Flava, Bear, and Digits. A bunch of fun pictures were taken when Midas, Groove, Skittles, Wiggles, and Assassin showed up! :mrgreen: Boss and his girl joined the fun, and Badger even sunk up to wish me a warm hello! :D RaveDave was chilling by the heat lamp, as it was pretty chilly, and we talked or a while. Eventually Unknown found me again and I got a shot with him and one of his friends he came with. After hanging out for a while I went back to the happycore area and saw Dirty Deeds playing, grabbed a few pictures, and headed back to the main area to chill with friends.

Back in our area just below the bar, on the concrete steps, a bunch of us were chilling and talking when BinX came up and introduced herself. I meet so many people that it's hard to try and remember everyone's name, especially since they aren't normal typical names, but BinX gave me a bunny mnemonic technique to remember her name by. I think it worked because I still laugh when I think of it. :D About this time Sin from H.B.F.S. informed me that the whole crew was going to be giving one simultaneous lightshow to someone and that I should capture some pictures to remember the momentous occasion. The pictures I took don't really do it justice, because it was an insane inferno of strobing, blinking, streaking light madness. Good times! :mrgreen: Ti2ger snuck into a quick shot during the lightshow insanity, and then afterwards the H.B.F.S. crew took a group shot. :)

Around 1:00 AM I saw Tigger taking pictures so I went over to say huddoh. Tigger ended up taking a bazillion shots while I went to sit down and chill when I ran into Monkey and SharkE. I got a shark eaten sticker promoting their upcoming event Shark Tales. :mrgreen: While I was sitting and chilling watching Tigger take pictures and conversing with friends Jax came up and said hello. Towards the end before Gemstone and I left I snagged a picture of 2 girls, Lux and Sparkx, who were from Arizona. I introduced myself like I almost always do, "Hi I'm Shawn the Obvious Strings from WhaddupNow.com!" and when I did, they lit up and let me know that they were from Arizona and that they check my site regularly. Quite honestly after hearing that I was shocked and flattered to find out that my site is being checked out by people out of state. I mean I know there are ravers that live out of state and come here to party, but it just made me feel that warm fuzzy feeling inside. :mrgreen:

2:00 AM rolled around so not feeling too well Gemstone and I headed out to the car. When we were walking out of the party Shar and Milithor walked up asking if we could give them a jump. I said sure as I have both a jumping backup battery and jumping cables we all headed to my car to get the gear to start Milithor's truck. We tried the jumper battery with no luck, so I brought my car over to try the cables. After setting them up, nothing happened, the car didn't even turn over or click. After trying multiple ideas, and seeing if maybe I could trickle charge his battery if we left it sitting for a while, nothing worked. Gemstone had AAA so we called them to see if the tow truck driver could give a little more kick or have some better ideas of what was wrong. I think after sitting in the parking lot for 2 hours the tow truck driver finally came. At least we all kept each other company talking about fun raver things like DJ's, parties, events, etc. When the tow truck driver finally got there he had to help jump the 3 cars that were left without power. When he hit up Milithor's car we found the problem not to be the battery, but the alarm system! Oye vey! :p Luckily it was a quick fix and Shar and Milithor were able to head out. Gemstone and I both thought about hitting up Lyrics for the after party, but after sitting in the dark for a while in a nice warmly heated car, we decided to head home.

Sorry to everyone if I came off acting weird, I just wasn't quite feeling right, have not been for a while now, and wasn't on par of my usual crazy energetic self. I hope that everyone that went to the party had fun, and I hope everyone that went to the after party had fun too! See you all at the next party! :D
Jellybean
WhaddupNow No0bie!

Post by Jellybean »

i hope you feel better, obvious<3
~JAYBEE~