Why you rave? (well why do you )

This is the base channel for all your chit-chat banter.

Moderator: Moderators

Trails
WhaddupNow No0bie!

Why you rave? (well why do you )

Post by Trails »

Hello Im Trails (the male one),
I was wondering why everyone here raves. I meen ive been asking this question to alot of people because honestly its really cool to hear about everyones reasons.Also I think that it helps connect people, when we know more about each other.

Personally for my self raving is very spiritual. Like I meen I love the music, and dancing, and making kandi and trading it. But thats pretty much what everyone says. Deeper thow raving has honestly changed my life. Through out high school I had a assorment of issues, half of them being confidence issues the other half were socializing and communication skills. I really didnt have alot of friends. I started raving again with my friends and I started to make friends, I was able to go somewhere and not be judged on who i was, what i was wearing, what I looked like. I was just accepted and over time i started to create a family that is better than my real family. I use this expression all the time Raves are my house, Ravers are my family, and Raving isnt a scene its my LIFE.

So I wanna know why you guys rave.

Trails
L.P.E
P.L.U.R.R
Obvious
Obviously the Site Admin
MySpace ID: djobvious25
PLURspace ID: obvious
Crew's Name: WhaddupNow.com

Re: Why you rave? (well why do you )

Post by Obvious »

Why do I rave 'eh?

Hmm...lets start at the logical point! The beginning!

My first rave was Nocturnal Wonderland 2005. After my friends had been raving for several months and me being reluctant to want to go "party" and do crazy things I finally, after looking through Tigger's website (TiggerLovesYou.com) I finally decided that I wanted to give it a go. I've always been a fan of the electronic music genre and LOVE video game music, which in my opinion is close to it, I wanted to go to a big party where everyone was dancing to good tunes, playing with glowing things and taking pictures of the party. As fate may have it, we went to the party to only have the party be ruined. One of my friends got busted and everyone else lost their appetite to be there. After only partying at Nocturnal for a few hours (beginning hours at that!) we all went back to my place to finish the night.

A month later I hit up Anthems III with some of my (soon to be) brothers from my fraternity (Delta Chi) and all had a good time. I was just a random raver at this time so I spent some time taking pictures, most of the time dancing and playing with photons. It was fun but when you don't have people wanting to go every weekend like my raver family used to go, you only go when it works for your schedule. With me trying to get in to my Fraternity I spent most of my time at the house, hanging out trying to get to know everyone.

A month later I went to Identity and danced my ass off, playing with photons, having a good time, taking pictures when who do I meet? Prozac, Breezy, Hollywood, Lust Bunny, Fuze, Miss X-Mas, Tigger, and HappE! Prozac was wearing a cape and did a superman pose, which ended up being a joke for a long while. I knew of Breezy from her posts on MySpace and met her best friend Hollywood at the party. I knew Miss X-Mas from my rave family and more notoriously from my ex. I talked to her briefly and headed over to this other photographer that everyone was chanting "Tigger! Tigger! Tigger!" We took one another's picture and I moved on since he was being mobbed and ended my night with HappE doing a standing backflip. This event was a lot of fun! So much that I decided I had to go again and chose to hit up at Nightmare B4 X-Mas!

Nightmare B4 X-Mas...the changing point of my raver lifestyle! This party kicked ass! I met up with X-Mas who was working with the crew and not having the best night. I kicked it with her and my friend Schwez and the three of us talked and hung out for a bit. This was Schwez's first party so he really didn't know what to expect and since I was talking to X-Mas like I've known her forever he ended up chilling with Gish (one of X-Mas' friends) chatting, talking....macking. ;) I was ALL OVER THE PLACE taking pictures, getting and giving hugs, exchanging smiles, and doing all the awesome rave love that I've grown quite fond of! During the night of me running around I guess one of Gish's friends, who I now know as Gingerberad, got a little too tipsy and had to leave the party. I NEVER KNEW that Schwez had left the party. I noticed that I didn't see him much but I later found out that he, Gish, and Gingerbread all headed out to Denny's or something to let Gingerbread sober up. :p

The party started to wind down and I saw X-Mas sitting on a stool all alone and thought I'd go over and keep her company. In all honesty, I had seen her MySpace page long before I started partying and thought she was hot as hell (still do as a matter of fact!) and would LOVE to just be able to talk to her, so I was trying to be a little more assertive then I normally would be, and talk with her. I found out that she was not having a good time at all and wanted to be left alone, so I respected her wishes, and headed off to find Schwez.

I got a phone call from him, after calling him several times, letting me know that he was out in the car with two girls. Schwez asked if they could come over to my house so that Gingerbread could sleep off her party and that he and Gish could talk and get to know one another more. The circumstances were right and I had, had a blast, so I said sure. We were all heading back to my place when X-Mas called Gish and asked where they had gone off to, because they were her ride, but she ended up getting a ride back with another one of her friends. When we got home we let Gingerbread sleep while I worked on the pictures and Gish and Schwez hung out and chatted. Eventually Gingerbread woke up, which was hilarious because she didn't have a CLUE where she was at, and I almost feel bad because the first person she saw was this random guy who she's never met before, saying hello! I got Gish and everything was cool, we introduced ourselves and then hung out the rest of the day.

That whole night, combined with the next day, changed everything. It was really weird...it was like a curtain was lifted and from that point on I couldn't get enough! :D I continued going to parties, taking pictures, dancing and smiling, taking pictures of beautiful people smiling, and having non stop fun doing all of it totally sober! The rave scene totally hooked me for what I feel the rave scene is about: The Music, The People, The Conversations, and the Relaxation of being who you are without being judged!

I've been in the rave scene for over tow years now, as of this post, and am SO HAPPY that my rave family persuaded me to go! Without their initial push I would never know all you wonderfully awesome people I do today! :D

So yeah...that's why I rave! :D
misskitty

Post by misskitty »

Music sets me FREE!!!!! everytime i go to a rave i sit for a bit come back to reality and look around me. raves are such a beutiful place. a place where people can come without being judged. make new friends and listen to music that sinks into your soul. if you ever want to let loose meet a couple of loving people a rave is your place! i say its what people want us to be like at church. welcoming with open arms. without the Christian crap [sorry]
shimmy_love
WhaddupNow No0bie!

Post by shimmy_love »

lets seee i just went to my first rave which was together as one
and i just love the environment and the people that have apllied plurr to their everyday lives
i also love the outfits
and of courseee
the music and the dancing i am in love with!