Obvious
Obviously the Site Admin
MySpace ID: djobvious25
PLURspace ID: obvious
Crew's Name: WhaddupNow.com

Identity 2005

Post by Obvious »

Identity 2005 Photo Gallery!

Identity 2005 has come and gone, and here's what I thought of it.

When I arrived at 8:30 PM I found out that the Fire Marshal was still inside the building making sure everything was up to code and didn't allow the event to start on time. The doors finally opened around 10:00 PM and two lines formed, one for the guys, one for the girls.

Apparently they allowed the girls line to move faster then the guys’ line. Speaking from a club point perspective; that was a wise choice as it is always better to have a higher girl-to-guy ratio. The only problem with this is that some girls were able to enter the event and their guy friend got stuck outside when capacity was reached. I do appreciate that the fire marshal kept the capacity down, since it was pretty hot in there as it was, I just wish that they had let people in together rather then create drama with splitting the line.

Once inside the venue was really tight. I believe the building used to be a bank or some type of savings and loan center since it had a vault. When you walked in you started off downstairs in what looked to be a teller area. Once you progressed up the stairs you found yourself in the main dance room. There was a speaker wall set up, though you could not climb on it, and a decent sized dance floor. In the back of the room you had the bathrooms and bar.

Across from the bar was a hallway that leads into a cool off / sitting room. Once you passed through this room you found the second narrow but long dance floor. When you walked through that into the next room you had another area that was set up for cooling off or sitting. This spot was the better of the two areas to sit since there were windows that you could open for air circulation.

Finally passing through this room you had another sitting room; however this sitting room had speakers in it, so if you wanted to continue to feel the beat of the music you could and still have a place to chill without disturbing the dance floor. If you walk through and go through this last door you find yourself back in the main room. I'll have to draw a map and post it later so you can all get the concept of what I mean.

The party itself was awesome. I met some cool new people, saw some people I knew, and gave lightshows out as much as possible! Unfortunately around 2:00 AM I was forced to leave since two people that came with me got kicked out for smoking and the garage where I had parked my car was closing. I wish I could have stayed longer because I would have stayed until the end! My only other regret is that the battery life of my camera only allows me to take about 175 pictures before it dies. I'll have to get another battery to remedy that!

I hope that all of you that came had a wonderfully PLURrific night! For those of you that didn't get in or left with a bad taste in your mouth I'm sad to see that happen. It would be nice if everything worked out to the event planner's plans, however things get mixed up and changed at the last minute when you have to follow rules or change your original plans.

Take care everyone and keep on dancing!