WhaddupNow.com Website Problems

Important announcements coming to you soon!
Obvious
Obviously the Site Admin
MySpace ID: djobvious25
PLURspace ID: obvious
Crew's Name: WhaddupNow.com

WhaddupNow.com Website Problems

Post by Obvious »

I would like to apologize to everyone for the downtime of the site today / yesterday.

First it started with a permissions glitch. It, for some reason, removed everyone's access from 5 different photo albums including Perception 4. I was able to correct that within 30 minutes from my post.

Now sometime this / last evening, the cluster which my server resides on had some serious crashes and MySQL problems. The default site index file came up saying that this domain was registered and a site is soon to come.

As you can see the site is back up, so it looks like cluster 10 is doing ok, but the gallery is all whacked. For some reason the pictures are not loading from their proper place thus resulting in the link names rather then pictures. I have been on call with tech support and even tried restoring some of the images from my server backup to see if that would solve the problem. The status on the server is that it's still undergoing maintenance and tech support told me that if it's not resolved by tomorrow morning to call them and let them know. I've got it noted on my account what problems we are having and tomorrow if I have to call in, they'll have it noted in my file.

I am sorry about the pictures. I think I might have to look into a mirror site because downtime is bad, but it sucks even worse when you want to see the fun from the previous night. :x

I will keep everyone updated on what happens.

6/13/06 @ 1:00 AM EDIT: Well I've been looking over the site and it looks like everything is coming back as it should be. Hopefully when I wake up it will continue to be working properly!

6/13/06 @ 10:12 PM EDIT: Ok, I have not heard anything about cluster 10 on the official outages forum about what went wrong, but the website has been up and running since my last edit at 1:00 PM, so....I think everything's back. If they do post what was wrong I'll let you all know. Sorry about the outage.